Re: Inter Process DND in Gtk TreeView.

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 10:19 +0530, Ratna Kishore wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am working on the drag and drop. Can you tell me whether Drag and
> Drop works fine between two tree views which belong to two different
> processes?

DnD from 1 treeview to another within the same process does not work,
let alone between processes. the "builtin" treeview DnD support is very
narrow in its scope and supports DnD only within the treeview.

You can, however, make it work yourself. It is rather complex. You
basically have to add support for new data types that will be supported
by the treeviews for DnD at both ends.

>  If yes, can any one help me in finding an example code which is
> implemented for inter process dnd using gtk treeview or gtk notebook
> widgets?

i have C++ code (gtkmm) that does this same-process treeview->treeview
as well as treeview->other_widget, and also other_process
+widget->treeview, but i'm not convinced that what i've done should be
exposed to the world any more than it already is. root around at
ardour.org if you really want to take a look.

--p