Re: Package pixman-1 was not found in the pkg-config search path.

Already replied on the mingw-users list, and also to the cairo list,
but OK, let's reply on this list, too:

 I think the correct thing is here for me to remove the
 requirement for pixman from the cairo.pc I distribute in the
 cairo-dev-1.6.4 "package" (zipfile). You don't really need anything
 pixman related to use cairo. cairo is built as a shared library (DLL).
 libpixman is built as a static archive and linked into cairo. Anybody
 who uses cairo need not know anything about libpixman. cairo's public
 headers do not include pixman headers.

 I wonder if something could be done upstream in cairo for
 this, like putting the pixman requirement in the .pc file only if a
 static cairo library is built? Or should I just add that editing of
 cairo.pc as one step in my build script for cairo from now on?

--tml