Re: g_file_get_parent () question

On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 18:16 +0300, Alexander Semenov wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Documentation for g_file_get_parent () does not say should I free the
> resulting GFile when it's no longer needed or not.
>
> So, I should?

I believe that all the g_file_get_*() functions (that return a GFile)
return new instances, so you should use g_object_unref() when you are
finished.

I agree that this should be clearer. I discussed this in a bug recently,
but I can't find it now.

Of course, with giomm you don't need to worry about references.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com