RE: LGPL question

I’d like to add that since this is a Windows environment, I am distributing GTK+ libraries, they are not automatically available on Windows. However, these libraries are unmodified, i.e. they are as I had downloaded from the gtk.org site.

From: Priya Suryanarayanan
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 4:07 PM
To: 'gtk-list gnome org'
Subject: LGPL question

I have been developing GUIs for Windows using the GTK+ libraries, and distributing the GUIs (batch file, executables and GTK+ libraries) free.

On re-reading the provisions of the LGPL, I now have a doubt whether one is expected to distribute the sources as well. Can someone please clarify the following – if I freely distribute the GTK+ libraries alongwith my executables as I have been doing, then I am then required to distribute my source code as well (or document how it can be accessed).

Thanks for any feedback.

Regards,

- priya