Re: more mainloops in more threads?

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 22:05 +0200, Roberto -MadBob- Guido wrote:

> Perhaps my preoccupations are due my bad understanding of signal dispatching
> internals, and the addiction of a object to monitor and for which dispatch
> signals do not introduce overheads on scheduling: any comment on it, or
> demystifing readings about?

it might help to realize that signals are nothing more (or less) than a
way to execute a list of closures (a closure being a function and its
arguments). there is no magic going on when a signal is "emitted": all
that is happening is that a list of closures gets executed (either
partially or completely depending on the signal itself and/or on the
return values from the closures).

> Just to remain in theme: what's the current purpose of GMainContext? Only to
> abstract handling of multiple GSources?

for your purposes, that may be a good way to view it.