Re: glib main loop concept

Thanks a lot! This makes things a bit more clear.

One final question:

Is it possible to detect if the default context currently has an active
main loop?
I want to add IO watches to the default context in a library. Apps using
the library may decide to start a main loop themselves (in the default
context) or to let the library do this. Of course they could tell the
library somehow if there already is a running main loop in the default
context, but it would be nice if the library could detect this itself.