Re: g_option_context_parse under cron execution

Hi John,

Thanks.  Going through the exercise of providing a small example, the
cause of the problem became known:

I had included the following call when setting up the context:

g_option_context_add_group (context, gtk_get_option_group (TRUE));

as indicated in the documentation example.  Looking into the details of
the call gtk_get_option_group(TRUE), TRUE is an indication that the
default display should be opened when parsing the command line.

So under cron, this fails, naturally.

I do not need the gtk command line options in my program (nor a display),
so simply removing this line makes everything work as required and
expected.

thanks,

richard

p.s. i still think, however, the error structure should be set; an error
occurred and the call to parse fails, why can't i know why?  (thus
avoiding bothering this list?)