jpeg

I have an application which tries to output the image to jpeg. A version of this worked in a previous application, which confuses me.

The code snippet is:

  GdkPixbuf *sdata;
  gboolean aaa;
  GError *er;

  sdata = gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data ( &pixbuf[level1*levelsize],
				     GDK_COLORSPACE_RGB,
				     FALSE,8,
				     ix, iz,
				     3*ix,NULL,NULL);

   aaa = gdk_pixbuf_save(sdata,outfil,"jpeg",&er,"quality", "100", NULL);

This last routine returns: GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_save: assertion `error == NULL || *error == NULL' failed

Unfortunately, when I go to http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf-file-saving.html#gdk-pixbuf-save
I see:
If error is set, FALSE will be returned. Possible errors include those in the GDK_PIXBUF_ERROR domain and those in the G_FILE_ERROR domain. Unfortunately, the links to GDK_PIXBUF_ERROR points to GError which is not found, and G_FILE_ERROR link is not found.

Any suggestions?
 --
Dean P McCullough