Re: gnome applet w/ bash

thank you very much, that solved one of my problems.
here is the second:
i'm using a pipe to catch the output of a specific command and store it
as a label in the panel; the problem is that if the array containing the
output is smaller than the output itself, the line is cut, and the
applet is show all middle aligned; if the output is bigger, i get the
label splitted in two lines: the first one containing the entire output,
and the second one is empty.
How could i solve this? maybe with dynamic allocation of memory, but in
order to know the output width size, i gotta insert a while that
overload the applet isn't it?
tnx in advance for the help

M@