Re: compile Gtk+ app with all deps

On Sat, 2007-05-19 at 23:12 -0400, brad smith wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a Gtk+ that I made in glade. All works fine except the glade
> file has to be in the folder of the binary to work.

you can define the location of the glade file at compile time using a
macro expanding the directory where you install it
(e.g. /usr/share/your-application/your-ui.glade).

you might want to use the autotools in order to set up a build
environment for your application.

>  Is there a way to
> static link the glade file so you could make a launcher on the desktop
> or menu option for application.

this would defy the whole point of having a separate XML definition of
your UI. in any case, an glade file is just XML, so you can move it into
a private source file as a C string and use glade_xml_new_from_buffer().

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,  E: ebassi gmail com