Re: Cross compiling gtk+-2.2.0 for arm

Check out http://www.scratchbox.org and http://maemo.org.

tj

Naveen Kumar wrote:

Hi all,

I have tool chain to build gtk1.2 applications, but i need to compile
applications using gtk2, so i am trying to cross compile gtk2 for using the
tool chain i have.
The procedure i followed to cross compile gtk+-2.2.0.tarbz2 :
[root LocalHost gtk+-2.2.0]# export
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/hybus-arm-linux-R1.1/bin/

[root LocalHost gtk+-2.2.0]# ./configure CC=arm-linux-gcc --host=arm-linux
--prefix=/opt/gtk2/

I got the message :
configure: WARNING: *** TIFF plug-in will not be built (TIFF library not
found) ***
configure: error:
*** Checks for TIFF loader failed. You can build without it by passing
*** --without-libtiff to configure but some programs using GTK+ may
*** not work properly

So i tried like :

[root LocalHost gtk+-2.2.0]# ./configure CC=arm-linux-gcc --host=arm-linux
--without-libtiff --prefix=/opt/gtk2/

I got the message :
configure: error: pangoxft Pango backend found but did not find freetype
libraries

Now i dont know how should i proceed.

Am I following the wrong way to cross compile gtk2 or missing out some steps ?
Please guide me how i can proceed or any different procedure to
cross-compile ...

Thanks and Regards,
Naveen