gtk-config?

Hello all.

I'm trying to install Gtk-Perl-0.7009 on Mac OS X (10.4.8).

I have installed gtk+-2.10.11 from www.gtk.org/download/ (along with the current versions of Pango, GLib, atk, cairo, jpegsrc, libpng, pkg- config, tiff and various other bits).

gtk-demo runs properly.

When I try to install the perl module (perl Makefile.PL) it complains

Can't exec "gtk-config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line 141.
Package 'gtk' needed but it was not detected on your system.
You may want to force it using --with-gtk-force if you know better than me.

I googled gtk-config, and it seems to be part of a gtk-devel package. As far as I know, these are Linux packages. I didn't find such a package on www.gtk.org and nothing in the FAQ.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

colin

PS. I just tried the --with-gtk-force flag. Now it complains about imlib-config, gdk-pixbuf-config, gnome-config, gdkimlib.

Oh dear. Is this only supposed to work on Linux?