Problem with g_signal_has_handler_pending causing an Access Violation in Windows

Hi,

I've got an annoying problem with GTK with Perl in Windows. I'm using the precompiled GTK DLLs, but Perl and my own code I've compiled with mingw. Sometimes in the Perl's last global destruction phase, Windows (actually the dependencywalker tool that I use) reports an "Access Violation" in libobject-2.0-0.dll and the address seems to point to the g_signal_has_handler_pending function. This problem is a bit evasive (but when it appears it persists) and I've never seen it in Linux with the same application. I tried to debug it by compiling my own version (with msys) of libobject-2.0-0.dll (from 2.12.11 sources) where I added debug statements, but I've not been able to reproduce the problem so far with that dll - the application works fine and it does not seem to call g_signal_has_handler_pending ever.

The problem is only annoying and it looks bad when Windows brings up this error box when the application is closed but otherwise it is not harmful.

Would anybody have any ideas what's causing the problem and/or how to debug it?

Thanks,

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma