RE: Link errors building gdk-pixbuf under CygWin

I'm actually trying to build a standalone Win32 GDK library that I can drop
into the current GTK installation to look at fixing a bug in it. I should
have -mno-cygwin set but don't at this point because I was initially just
trying to just get something to compile, and so I started with your
suggestion from the README.win32 on what to pass to configure.

Quite why the "-L/target/lib" is still in there, I'm not quite sure. I
initially ran configure with exactly what you gave in README.win32 verbatim,
then changed some of the options to get it to work with the latest cygwin,
and changed "/target/lib" to "c:/GTK/lib", ending up using this:

CC='gcc -march=pentium' CPPFLAGS='-I/cygdrive/c/GTK/include' CFLAGS='-O2'
LDFLAGS='-L/cygdrive/c/GTK/lib' ./configure --disable-static
--prefix=/cygdrive/c/GTK --with-gdktarget=win32 --with-wintab=/src/wtkit126
--with-ie55=/src/workshop/ie55_lib --host=i386-pc-mingw32

So the "-L/target/lib" must be a hold-over from the first configure run.
Probably I should clean everything and start again. I wasn't sure about
those references to "/src" either so just left them in as-is for now.

I've had other problems trying to build this with CygWin too (e.g. "c:/" in
dependencies which the latest CygWin make does not allow, and "/cygdrive/c"
in the environment which the version of pkg-config that ships with the Win32
GTK does not like. So I'll try to start again with MinGW & MSYS and see how
that goes.

Thanks Tor,

Ian