Opinions on Vala.

Hello, everybody.

I've been watching this project called Vala[1] for a while and I like
it, although I don't use it yet (primarily because of lack of mind
share...).

What I really would like to know is what the "pure gtk+" guys think
about it, is it good/bad and the whys behind those opinions. I really
think the project is something that can actually go somewhere as a
great development tool, but would like to know if you guys think it
has any major flaws that would prevent this from happening.

Thanks,
Alexandre Moreira.