Re: Trouble getting pkg-config to work in Windows

Stewart Weiss wrote:
Yesudeep:

Thank you.
Using the installers from the installation video to which you sent a link below , I was successful in creating a working GTK+
environment. So far, I have been able to compile successfully in MSys shells,  Windows command line,
and within Dev-C++.  pkg-config finally works.  The major difference between what did not work and
what did work, was that before I was downloading the zip files from the Gimp download site,
and unzipping them into the MinGW directory.

I want to note that I was successful in creating a working GTK+ environment under Cygwin by installing
GTK and then building pkg-config from source, from within a Cygwin shell, but it ONLY worked in Cygwin,
rather limiting.

The next steps are to figure out how to create projects from withing Dev-C++ that do not create console
windows in addition to the window I create. I know I can use Glade to do this, but I do not want to work in
a GUI -- I prefer to write code.

One last note -- I could not view the video in any browser (plugins failed), nor in any application on my Windows
machine (Nero, Realplayer, WinDVD, WMP). I had to view it in my Linux video player.
I could view it on my Windows XP box. Great idea doing a "movie" - well done. The soundtrack was not working on my machine though :)

Richard Gipps.

Again, Thanks.
Stewart