Re: Trouble getting pkg-config to work in Windows

Greetings Stewart,

On 6/9/07, Stewart Weiss <stewart weiss acm org> wrote:
I have spent many hours trying to get a version of pkg-config
to work properly on my Windows XP system. I have installed GTK+
following instructions in various webpages. In the last attempt,
I used as my guide.
I have downloaded a few versions of pkg-config binaries, the last of
which is pkg-config-0.20 from the download page.  I also
tried building from source, but I have the same problem.

Someone has already done the majority of the work for you:

I have used gladewin32 successfully before.

The problem is that when I run a command such as
    pkg-config --cflags gtk+-win32-2.0
I get the message
Package gtk+- win32-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-win32-2.0.pc'
No package 'gtk+-win32-2.0' found

After installing  gladewin32 (including reading the README and INSTALL files
that come with it and the FAQ at the Website), try using this command:

pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0

This should work.  `gtk+-win32-2.0` may not be a valid package configuration

This will happen regardless of which package name I use. All of the .pc
files are in the top/lib/pkgconfig  directory, where top is the name of
the directory that contains bin/pkg-config.exe. I have tried setting the
registry to create a key and values for PKG_CONFIG_PATH, but this does not
work.  I have tried manually setting the environment variable, to no avail.
I get this message no matter what.

Creating a properly defined environment variable is a solution.  You can edit
the bash configuration files used by MSYS to add the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
environment variable.  AFAIK, setting a *system* environment variable in the
System Properties dialog works as well.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

 Hopefully, this will help.

येसुदीप मंगलािपल्ली

Can't see the above text?

Do not send me Word documents.  I will bite.