Re: GObject question.

On 6/7/07, David Nečas (Yeti) <yeti physics muni cz> wrote:
[long snip]

Thus, the natural approach is to create the objects already
in failed state if the underlying resource is so unusable
that even its initialization fails.  As a big bonus you get
something (i.e. the object) to *query* about the type and
reasons of the failure.

So, just to check if I understand it right. What you're saying is that
the best approach would be to have something like (in my file buffer
case) a FileBuffer class which I could do something like:

g_object_new(X_TYPE_FILE_BUFFER, /*any properties here*/ NULL);

and only then load the resource as in something like

x_file_buffer_load_from_file(file_name, &error);

... is that kind of thing you were saying or am I missing something ?

Thanks,
Alexandre Moreira.
Yeti

--