Re: Trouble Installing

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 18:48:02 -0400
"Scott Peterson" <lunchtimemama gmail com> wrote:

> I'm building gtk+-2.10.9 on Cygwin and I've hit a bit of a snag.
> Here's the error:

There's some potentially important information missing here - we've
only got the tail end of whatever (libtool) command is failing.

> -lglib-2.0 -lintl -liconv -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lexpat -lpng12 -lz
> -lm ../gdk-pixbuf/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.la -lintl

The presence of two requests to link with the intl library looks
suspicious (though not necessarily the cause of the error).

> libtool: link: more than one -exported-symbols argument is not allowed

We need to see the full argument list, which means the full command
rather than the truncated tail end. Given that -lintl appears twice in
the snippet you have posted, I wonder what else appears twice in the
bit you cut.