Re: Regarding GTK

2007/6/1, Sashi Kiran Akella <kiran sashi jupitermail in>:

        I've removed gtk+-2.3.5 and installed gtk+-2.6.1-2, even after
that I';m getting the following error:

checking for PACKAGE... Requested 'gtk+-2.0 >= 2.4.0' but version of
GTK+ is 2.3.5

It depends on many factors, did you install the old and/or the new
version of gtk in a non system folder? did you use the packaging
software of you distro? (I dubt that)

I guess you now have part of the old gtk installation most likely in
the system path e.g. /usr/lib and the new install in a non system
folder e.g. /usr/local/lib.

To help you with that we should know where and what you did in your
attempt of removing/installing the library,

cheers
--
Gian Mario Tagliaretti