multiple screens in one application

Hello,

I am working on an embedded application that runs a single GTK
application in full screen mode (no window manager).  This application
has about 30 different screens.  We have implemented many of these
screens by creating different windows and hiding and showing the
windows.  The problem is changing windows seems to be a fairly slow
operation (on a PXA270 ARM processor), and we see a white background
as the windows change.

What is the best way to do multiple screens on a slow device so that
they change fairly quickly?  One thought is to have one window and
hide/show widgets, but that more difficult to manage, and makes using
glade more difficult.

Appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,
Cliff