Re: extra X libs dependencies in a simple glib mainloop

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 22:13:19 +0100
David Nečas (Yeti) <yeti physics muni cz> wrote:

>On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 03:50:50PM -0500, zentara wrote:
>>
>> Can you compile a glib program so it dosn't require the X libs?
>
>Of course...
>
>> Also, why dosn't this compile it? Using just glib in pkgconfig?
>> gcc  -o test  test.c  `pkg-config --cflags --libs glib-2.0`
>
>...precisely this way, it compiles your program and it
>works then.
>
>Since no one knows what errors you got, no one can tell you
>what went wrong.
>
>But most often there is a typo in `pkg-config --cflags --libs glib-2.0`
>that makes pkg-config silently fail.
>Yeti

You are right. I tried
gcc  -o test  test.c  `pkg-config --cflags --libs glib-2.0`

again this morning, and it worked fine.  ???

I'm perplexed as to what little typo caused it to fail?
Oh well, another mystery case for the X files. :-)

Thanks again,
zentara

http://zentara.net/japh.html