[gedit-list] Is this a bug or a limitation?

This is actually in relation to a question somebody posted on gtk-list which I verified using gedit. It seems that the GtkTextView (and thus GtkSourceView) is unable to properly render the display when unwrapped characters exceed a certain length. On my system, inserting characters one at a time, as soon as I inserted the 4098th character, the line "disappears" and "reappears" again when scrolling near the beginning of the line but kind of flakey.

--
- Micah Carrick
  Freelance Developer