From: José Antonio Sánchez <getaceres gmail com>
Date: Feb 9, 2007 6:04 PM
Subject: Segmentation fault on log
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org

Hello, I'm developing an application using glib's data structures. I
also I'm using glib's log capabilities but I'm having a problem.
My application dies at one log point and I don't know why. My code is as follow:

g_debug("Executing operation %d over %s",op,path);

I know that path is not null and that op is a number but I'm getting that error:

** (process:12693): DEBUG (recursed): Executing operation 14 over
/home/jasanchez/transfstest/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.source_3.2.1.r321_v20060823-6vYLLdQ3Nk8DrFG/src/org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime_3.2.0.v20060605/about.html

It applies a lot of operations over a lot of files and the failed file
is random but (unless all the othrer debug messages) the last message
always starts with ** (process:12693): DEBUG (recursed):

What does that recursed mean? I'm sure my application does not call
any recursive function in this point. I'm sure is a null pointer
dangling and maybe not a problem with glib but I'd like to know what
that "recursed" mean in that case.

--
Saludos.
José Antonio Sánchez