Re: M_PI not being found in math.h with gtk

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 22:29:17 +0000
Ed Catmur <ed catmur co uk> wrote:

>> I get errors
>>  error: ‘M_PI’ undeclared
>
>Works fine here.  Which libc are you using?  What compiler flags?
>
>Ed

Dang, I found the problem, but it still poses another question.

I've been using this little shell script to compile and it causes the failure
because it has the -ansi option. I've been using it so long in my normal
c I never questioned it.

#!/bin/bash
file=${1%.c}     #remove .c if present
cfile=${file}.c   #add .c back to file
gcc -ansi -pedantic -W -Wall -O2  -o $file  $cfile  `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0`

# works without the -ansi
#gcc  -pedantic -W -Wall -O2  -o $file  $cfile  `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0`

strip $file
exit

Thanks for the prompt to look at my compile. But now the question
is "why does ansi knock it out" ?  Do the Gtk libs need to be given
a "configure with ansi", or what?

Thanks,
zentara

P.S.  My libc:

zentara@:zentara$ ./libc-2.3.6.so
GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.6, by Roland McGrath et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 4.0.2.
Compiled on a Linux 2.6.10-za system on 2005-11-07.
Available extensions:
	GNU libio by Per Bothner
	crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
	GNU Libidn by Simon Josefsson
	Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al
	BIND-8.2.3-T5B
	NIS(YP)/NIS+ NSS modules 0.19 by Thorsten Kukuk
Thread-local storage support included.
<http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/bugs.html>.

http://zentara.net/japh.html