Trying to compile Glib 2.8 and getting an error

I've almost gotten glib 2.8 to compile cleanly; I'm down to just one error. I need some help getting it resolved.

ld: fatal: entry point symbol 'export-dynamic' is undefined
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

From what little info I've been able to fined on the Net, this seems to be related to certain things being support by the GNU loader and unsupported by the Sun loader (and vice versa).

I am using gcc for the compile and I'm using libiconv, I'm doing a CC=gcc ./configure --with-libiconv (adding the --with-libiconv cleared up all my other errors). And I have the GNU "binutils" from sunfreeware.com (which includes ld) installed. And that appears to be the only copy of ld on my system (or the only copy of ld that I've been able to find, anyway).