how to change height of selected row in a tree view

Hi list!

I'm trying to implement the following feature.  I've got a tree
view and I want to increase the height of selected row.  And
when the row goes back to unselected state its height must
change back to normal.

I tried to install proper callback function with

  gtk_tree_view_column_set_cell_data_func()

where I change the height of cell renderer calling

  g_object_set(renderer, "height", selected_row_height, NULL);

but it did not take effect.  But somehow row's height is updated
when entire tree view is re-arranged (for example, when one
double-clicks vertical separator line between header cells).

GTK version is 2.12.3.

Documentation used: Tim-Philipp Muller's Tree View Tutorial.

Thank you,

Yuri

--
Yuri Arapov    <yuridichesky gmail com>