Re: How to setup a timer in gtk

El mié, 12-12-2007 a las 11:04 -0600, ying lcs escribió:
> Hi,
Hi,

> Can you please tell me how can I setup a timer in gtk application?
>
> It has a 'g_timeout_add()' function, but it 'Sets a function to be
> called at regular intervals, with the default priority,
> G_PRIORITY_DEFAULT.'
>
> But all I want is it call my function to be called only once when the
> timer expires.
> How can I do that?

According to the documentation: 'The function is called repeatedly until
it returns FALSE, at which point the timeout is automatically destroyed
and the function will not be called again. The first call to the
function will be at the end of the first interval.'

So you should simply return FALSE in your function.