Print dialog

Hi,
I have noticed that all gtk applications have their own print dialog, so that many (if not all) apps lack of some driver functionalities.
In example, firefox lets me choose only a few options (color-b/w and the paper's dimensions)...
For thease reasons, I have to install many cups printers with different layouts.
Kde (and qt apps in general) and windows have a standard print dialog, in which there are all printer's options...
What do you think about it?