Re: gimp-vs: gdk headers missing extern "C"

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, ole nielsby pils org wrote :
They go away if I wrap the include directive in my program:

extern "C"{
#include <gtk/gtk.h>
}

But I think this wrap is supposed to be in the headers - the
other packages (ATK_, GTK_, PANGO_ etc.) work OK, using C linkage.

Yes, this wrapping is normally done in the headers, but because they are fundamentally "C" headers and the wrapping is only valid in C++ it has to be contained in a #ifdef. Though looking at the GTK headers, I think this in turn is wrapped in magic ("G_BEGIN_DECLS"?)

Is it possible VC9 is not declaring the necessary symbol?
--
Rob Pearce                       http://www.bdt-home.demon.co.uk

The contents of this | Windows NT crashed.
message are purely   | I am the Blue Screen of Death.
my opinion. Don't    | No one hears your screams.
believe a word.      |