cups dependency on gtk+ (version 2.12.2)

Hi,

I am trying to compile gtk 2.12.2 and my configure fails on cups dependency.  I have compiled gtk 2.10.x releases before but did not have a problem with that.

This is what I can see from the configure output:

---------snip--------

checking for cups-config... /usr/bin/cups-config

checking cups/cups.h usability... no

checking cups/cups.h presence... no

checking for cups/cups.h... no

configure: error: *** Sorry, cups-config present but cups/cups.h missing.

Is there a cups dependency with gtk 2.12.2?  I do not have the cups dev. Headers installed in my system ( I am using SLES9 ).  Is there a way to disable the lookup for cups in the build system?  If so, what would be the complications (if any)?

Please help.

Thanks much.

-Imam Toufique