Re: VC8 and GTK development

Jernej Simonèiè wrote:

> You might be interested in this project:
> <http://gimp-vs.sourceforge.net/>
>
> It's GTK+ and the GIMP compiled with VS2005
> and 2008.

I sure am. I think this deserves a direct link
in <http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/>, as a
supplement to the VC5 or 6 recommendation.

BTW same page asks us GTK-newbies "please don't
bother the lists with elementary questions without
first browsing the archives". If the mailing-list
archives have a web interface, a link would be nice.
I actually tried to find the archives before posting...

Tor Lillqvist wrote:

> The foremost problem [when using VC8 with the old
> libs] is GTK+ and GLib APIs that take or return C
> file descriptors (or FILE pointers).

Nice to know, thanks. gtk.org is somewhat vague on this.

I think gimp-vs will solve my problem - I'l return if
it doesn't.

Regards/Ole N.