GTK+ cross compiling with scratchbox

Hi all,

I am new to GTK,..
I am trying to cross compile GTK for my ARM Board.

I downloaded

     GTK+ Source
     GLib Source
     Pango Source
     and dependencies : atk, cairo, libpng,..

while trying to configure cairo, it checkes for the dependency of libpng.
I already have configured and installed the libpng, but Its still
showing thye error
checking for cairo's PNG backend...
./configure: line 24784: --exists: command not found
./configure: line 24784: --exists: command not found
./configure: line 24784: --exists: command not found
configure: WARNING: Could not find libpng in the pkg-config search path
checking whether cairo's PNG backend could be enabled... no
configure: error: requested PNG backend could not be enabled
[sbox-arm-linux: ~/cairo-1.2.6] >

can anybody help me resolve this problem,..

TIA
Lesly A M