Direct access to Eyedropper in ColorSelection?

Is there any way I can get at the "Eyedropper" button inside a GtkColorSelection widget? From the code, I mean. Or alternatively, is the eyedropper functionality available independently of the widget?

Some of our users think that clicking a button to activate the selection dialog, then clicking the eyedropper button, then selecting a colour, then clicking OK in the dialog, add up to far too many button clicks. So I want to create some kind of shortcut.

- Toralf