Re: back to basics

--- Yiannis <odysseus lost gmail com> wrote:

> On 22/09/06, David Neèas (Yeti) <yeti physics muni cz> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 09:05:42PM +0100, Yiannis wrote:
> > > Hi, a very basic question but I ve been looking in all the api to find
> > the
> > > answer.... Are there any equivalent functions in glib for scanf and
> > sscanf
> > > and where please? Thx.
> >
> > And what's wrong with scanf() and sscanf()? That is why you
> > are looking for GLib replacements of these functions?
>

> Oh no problem at all I was just wondering and I just wanted to keep glib
> structures as frequently as possible... I thought that since there is a
> g_print there might be a g_scan and something equivalent for sscanf
>
> Yeti
> >

> > --
> > Anonyms eat their boogers.
> >

> --
> -- Yiannis

A very very long time ago (s)scanf used to behave erraticaly in case of input
syntaxt errors, for example, if one tried to enter not a number when the
expected entry was, say, a floating point number.

I remember it was endlessly looping.

So I had to write my own replacement.

Probably, it's not the case anymore, but I'd write a small program
to check if I were to use (s)scanf again.

--Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/