how to attach different widgets to a window

     I am sameer. I started working on gtk.I was succeeded by creating a widget on a window.I want a textentry widget to be appended to that created is it possible.
    please help me.if possible give me an example.
thanks in advance.
Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this Electronic Message and any ATTACHMENTs to this message are intended for the EXCLUSIVE USE of the ADDRESSEE(s) and may contain CONFIDENTIAL or PRIVILEGED information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the SENDER at MIC or itsupport mic co in immediately and DESTROY all copies of this message and any attachmeents.