Re: [gtk-list] Gtk+-2.10.2 with directfb fails

Hi,

Sorry for my previous post was not on the target.

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 13:56:36 +0530
"Toufeeq Hussain" <toufeeqh gmail com> wrote:
>I'm not sure why the glib in /usr is being used when I have a glib
>already installed in /usr/gtkfb.
>
>I then installed atk in /usr/gtkfb and now I a similar error.

Hmm, could you show your config.log and config.status?
I suppose some inappropriate pkg-config file (xxx.pc)
or inappropriate libtool library (libxxx.la) are red
and causes the inappropriate linking of /usr/lib/libgobject.

Regards,
mpsuzuki

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 15:35:37 +0530
"Toufeeq Hussain" <toufeeqh gmail com> wrote:
>On 9/4/06, Toufeeq Hussain <toufeeqh gmail com> wrote:
>> On 9/2/06, mpsuzuki hiroshima-u ac jp [9] <mpsuzuki hiroshima-u ac jp [10]> wrote:
>Not sure why but gtk refused to take the libglib in /usr/gtkdfb/ . Had
>to symlink /usr/lib/libglib and /usr/lib/libgobject to the one in
>/usr/gtkdfb/lib/ and then gtl compiled fine.

Because glib in /usr/lib is supposed to be old version
(glib you installed in /usr/gtkfb is newer), it is not
recommended to keep the situation. I'm afraid that
/usr/include/glib (comes from older glib) is now
inconsistent with symlinked libgobject.