Re: pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0 omits -mwindows on Windows

Is this really a big enough issue to be worth writing such a long
message about? I mean, surely people who build GTK+ software on
Windows quickly learn to use -mwindows when they eventually are done
with debugging and want to build their exe as a ready to be deployed
to end-users windowing app?

I don't think we should force the building of windowing exes by
putting -mwindows in the .pc file. During development it is nice to be
able to just printf out tracing and debugging output, and if -mwindows
was the default, we would instead have lots of newbies wondering why
their debugging printfs don't show up anywhere.

 > Sorry, entering bug reports into the product pkg-config has been
 > disabled.

Well, the .pc file in question is part of GTK+, not pkg-config.
Anyway, now that the discussion is here on the list, no need to open a
bug report against GTK+, I would just resolve it with WONTFIX anyway.

--tml