treeview items size

Hello.

How can I set the default size for a treeview item?
I don't like the default size that is set in current linux debian testing distro.
Each element in a tree view (in ANY application) is: 2 pixel whitespace border + element itself + 2 pixel whitespace border.

It looks a bit ugly, and I have to scroll more... =(

I'd like to leave 1 pixel for upper and 1 pixel for lower border in all applications using GTK.

And the same thing is about 'editing' widget. Every line has a 2-pixel upper and lower border. How can i fix it to 1-pixel border?

Evgeny.