Re: [GTK] Suggestion: make panels graggable

Maybe you should ask the Metacity developers for that, as someone else said, the WMII window manager does it, so Metacity can if their authors think that this is a good idea.
Doing it at the window manager makes it more generic.
Goodbye.

El 08/10/06 04:31, Philip Ganchev escribi�>Hi

I have a suggestion for GTK.  It seems that the idea has not been
discussed before.

I would like to have panels draggable, similar to Apple iTunes.  That
is, you click on the panel and drag the mouse to move the window.  It
makes it very easy to move windows using just the mouse, because it
eliminates the need to aim the mouse at the title bar. Most
applications have empty panel space, for example in the menu bar that
is not occupied by the menu itself.

How feasible is this?  Probably this would require tight coupling with
the window manager?  If it is possible, I guess it would be
implemented in GTKBox or GTK

Thanks,
Philip