Re: gnome's browser on gtk

--- Bill Cunningham <billcm charter net> wrote:

> > What kind of browser do you mean ?
> >
> > --Sergei.
> >

> > Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/
>
>     Well now that gtk is finally installed thanks to you and others it can
> be any browser that reads http. A GUI browser not lynx or the like. Nautilus
> maybe for gnome or firefox if it runs on gtk without gnome.
>
> Bill

If you meant WEB browser, then, I believe, as you said, Mozilla/Firefox/Seamonkey
do not need Gnome, just Gtk.

Since you've built and installed gtk2, choose a not gtk1-based build/browser.

Mozilla, for example, can be either gtk1 or gtk2, Seamonkey by default is gtk2,
and I'm not sure about Firefox.