Re: problem linking 'pango-1.14.4'

--- David Neèas (Yeti) <yeti physics muni cz> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 08:10:49AM +0200, David Neèas (Yeti) wrote:
> >
> > libXrender is a small standalone library (tarball size ~230
> > kB).
>
> I forgot: and it should be the task of its configure to
> check the compatibility (but you need to build your
> X anyway).

That's what I want to avoid meanwhile.

The point is that X is used systemwide.

Even if I build my own, and not change /etc/ld.so.conf, and I
don not want to change it, because I do not want to break the system,
I'll have two sets of X-related things - one is my packages and the
other is other packages.

So, even though my packages will have symbols resolved in my X,
system packaged will still be using system X.

I think this will be a great mess.

> Yeti
>

> --
> Whatever.