Re: problem linking 'pango-1.14.4'

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 09:47:10PM -0700, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> The systems I build know EXACTLY where the components should be.

As this case nicely demonstrates, they don't.  Unless you
have tight control over every component, from the linker to
each involved library, unless you built essentially
everything you use yourself.  Not that it's impossible to
achive, but if you want to subvert the way things are done
20+ years, you have to do it thoroughly and must not depend
(even indirectly) on anything that can be system-defined.

> Because, I think, libXrender is a widely used package affecting overall system
> functioning.
>
> If I were to build libXrender, I would build the whole X to make sure the
> versions are compatible.

libXrender is a small standalone library (tarball size ~230
kB).

> I am not there yet.

Until you are there, your tool is broken.

Yeti

--
Whatever.