Linking with Gtk+ in VS 8 - pease help!

Hi,
I downloaded & installed winodws GTK+ and GLADE binaries from:
http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/modules/news/
Do I understand correctly that .lib and .dll files can now be used on
win32 without library recompilation?

I included all the header file search paths, all the .lib file names
and the library search path into Project Settings. I also included the
DLL search path into the VS search paths.

This reduces linking errors to one:
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gtk_init_abi_check
referenced in function _main

This function is not called from within my program, but is probably
called by gtk_init, which is the only gtk function that is currently
called from main, and the declaration of it is found in the header
gtkmain.h.
What could be the reason for this error? Is the correct library not
being linked? If so, how can I find out, which library it is? I know
for sure that some libraries are linking, because the number of
undefined externals has gone down.
Please help! It will be really appreciated.