On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 10:36 -0700, Chris wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there a good IDE for writing GTK applications?

Any C and C++ IDE is good.  For example,
- anjuta
- kdevelop
- eclipse with the CDT plugin

All of these IDEs can manage make files, compiler flags, etc.  I know
that both anjuta and kdevelop have GTK+ and Gnome as project types,
setting up the include and library paths quite nicely.

For rapid gui development, using the glade-2 gui designer is very nice.
Anjuta may integrate glade-2 but I don't know since I now do most of my
programming in gvim; I don't use IDEs that much, except if I have to use
Java (a good IDE is essential for Java since it is so verbose).