Re: v2.10.6 configure unhappy on Redhat Enterprise Linux box

--- steve kirby <thin_runner yahoo com> wrote:

> Thanks to all for your help so far.  Got past the Xlib problem in configure.  Now it's saying
>
> checking Pango flags... configure: error:
> *** Pango not found. Pango built with Cairo support is required
>
>   I already downloaded the Cairo and Pango files from the Dependencies link at gtk.org and
> compiled and installed both.  Does Pango require a flag when doing the configure so as to use
> Cairo?
>
>   --Steve

You are not the first one trying to build gtk+ from sources, neither was I.

Because I wanted to automate the procedure, and not only for 'gtk+', I developed my
tool - see signature.

The tool builds and installs everything locally not requiring root permission,
so integrity of your system is preserved.

On the way the tool downloads sources from the net.

You can try the released version and/or I can send you the latest development version
which, among other things, allows to select on command line which targets to build.

The released version builds all the targets it knows.

--Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/