Screenshot from another program

I want to write some code that is able to:
- make a screenshot of another running program (has a fixed window title).
- after that I need to extract rectangular areas from different locations within that screenshot
- after that it should analyse (read RGB values) the colours of all the pixels in that area.

The code that does all that needs to be integrated into a C++ program that uses GTK and runs under Windows XP only.

I have no experience in GTK programming but a sound C++ background. If someone could give me some ideas of how I could accomplish that task I would be very happy. If you could have code snippets for me that would be great. If you give me keywords or a rough sketch of how you would do it that's also great.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Jetzt Mails schnell in einem Vorschaufenster überfliegen. Dies und viel mehr bietet das neue Yahoo! Mail .