Re: Overriding GObject methods in Python

On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 12:20 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> If that glue code is hand-coded, I guess it's repetitive and can be
> generated somehow. In a future pygtk that uses the future
> introspection
> features of GObject, it could probably even be done at runtime for
> arbitrary GObjects.

Part of the problem is that GObject (as far as I can tell) doesn't
provide sufficient introspection for this.  As mentioned in the previous
posting, virtual methods are just function pointers in the class struct.
That's why PyGTK must use a custom GObject class to allow Python classes
to override them.