Installation issues while moving over to Gtk2.10

Hi All,
I am facing installation issues while trying to move over to Gtk2.10. I am trying to do the upgrade
fromGtk2.6 to Gtk2.10 on a FC4 linux box.
I am getting the following error, while running the configure script, for gtk+2.10:

checking for X11/extensions/Xinerama.h... yes
yes
checking for XRRUpdateConfiguration in -lXrandr... yes
checking for X11/extensions/Xrandr.h... yes
checking Pango flags... configure: error:
*** Pango not found. Pango built with Cairo support is required
*** to build GTK+. See http://www.pango.org for Pango information.

I have installted both Cairo and Pango[in the required order also].
Still I am not able to resolve the above issue.

Any pointers in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Searches in this direction proved inconclusive and hence this mail to the list.
Please excuse me if this has been already dicussed.

Thanks
Ashwin