Re: configure error in cross compiling GTK based on Tinyx

Hello,

Then I modified configure file of GTK v2.10.3 and v2.10.6, changed PANGO_PACKAGES from "pango pangocairo" to "pango pangocairo pangoft2 pangox pangoxft", then entered the following command

Do you mean you tried this with these 2 different versions of GTK ? I guess that's what you mean by this ?

./configure --host=arm-linux \
  --without-libtiff \
  --without-libpng \
  --without-libjpeg \
  --disable-glibtest \
  --disable-modules \
  --disable-largefile \
  --with-gdktarget=linux-fb \
  --with-x  \
  --x-includes=/root/target/gtk/xc/exports/include \
  --x-libraries=/root/target/gtk/xc/exports/lib \
  CC=/usr/local/arm/3.3.2/bin/arm-linux-gcc \

Did you also *cross* compile the libraries (I mean
glib-2.11.3
atk-1.10.3
freetype-2.1.9
libxml2-2.6.23
fontconfig-2.3.95
zlib-1.2.3
libpng-1.2.10
cairo-1.2.2
pango-1.13.1) ?
I guess you didn't, as you installed the resulting libraries in your system's paths ? And if you do, it is not good (if it's system-survivable at all) to store the resulting libraries in your own system's library directory !

I suspect you're trying to cross-compile GTK (although with probably the good cross-compiler, I don't know that), based upon your *host's* include files and your host's libraries. If that's the case, it won't work. You should install your cross-compiled libraries and include files in some other (non-system) directories using the typical cross-compilation options. These will then be used when cross-compiling GTK...

Kind regards,

PhB